A mix of sautéed and fresh veg with pasta made a light, flavourful and filling lunch.
What to use
- 60g dried pasta
- 3 chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- a third of a pepper, chopped to bite size pieces
- clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- three baby plum tomatoes, sliced
- a handful of frozen sweetcorn
- olive oil
- truffle oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil and / or parsley
How to use it
Boil the pasta until around 3 mins before it’s due to be cooked, add the sweetcorn to the pan, bring back up to boil and continue for the remaining 3 minutes.
Sauté the garlic, mushrooms and peppers in some olive oil with a sprinkle of salt.
Slice the tomatoes.
When the pasta and sweetcorn is done, drain and put back in the pan. Combine with the sautéed vegetables and their juices, tomatoes, add a teaspoon of truffle oil, some lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir well and refrigerate until needed. Add the fresh herbs when ready to eat.