The comforting, pillowy quality of mashed potato but more interesting flavours and fewer calories and carbs. Win-win-win-win-win.
What to use
- A head of cauliflower
- a large knob of garlic butter
- a heaped teaspoon of creme fraiche
- a big pinch of chilli flakes
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- pinch of flat leaf parsley
- sea salt and black pepper
How to use it
Cut the cauliflower into quarters and steam until really soft. Put into a bowl and roughly mash by hand. Then put the roughly mashed cauliflower into a blender and add all of the other ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed and blend again until right.
Put back into the pan to reheat gently if needed.